The Mississippi Delta has long been considered the land of cotton. In 2016, 1.1 million bales of cotton were produced on 824 farms. Coahoma county is the top producing county for cotton. The value of production of cotton in 2016 was $442 million. Cotton research is primarily funded by Cotton Inc. Cotton research is conducted by scientists in the Mississippi Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station (MAFES).
- Evaluation of Dual-Gene Bt Cottons for Bollworm Control in Mississippi
- Evaluation of Foliar Insecticide Sprays in Current Bt Cotton Technologies
- Mississippi’s Centennial Rotation- Twelve Year Cycle Complete
- Response of Cotton Varieties to Irrigation Evapotranspiration Replacement
- Utilizing Commercially Available Soil Moisture Systems in Furrow-irrigated Cotton Fields